Car manufacturers are in a big competition as the car ownership per capita is increasing globally. This competition is not between Japanese and American cars as it was in the 1990s. Statistics show that the top two car manufacturers are Toyota and Volkswagen. So, would you prefer driving a Toyota or Volkswagen?
World Cars Brand Ranking 2017
According to the world cars brand ranking of 2017 by Focus2move, the first two globally most sold brands are Toyota (7,239,664 sales) and Volkswagen (5,645,008 sales). Ford (5,087,521), Honda (4,241,920), Nissan (4,235,832), Hyundai (3,565,744), Chevrolet (3,337,496), Kia (2,290,447), Renault (2,156,721) and Mercedes (2,132,371) are following the top two brands.
Well, we can easily see the worldwide success of Japanese and German car industries in this ranking and as you can guess, we would like to learn about your choice between the first two brands. However, we would like to give some interesting facts about these brands before the selection part.
- Toyota have sold more than 44.1 million Corollas between 1966 and 2016
- Received the “most 2017 best resale value awards” from Kelley Blue Book’s
- Toyota was mentioned as the top eco-friendly company at “Best Global Green Brand” report of Interbrand in 2012
- Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) spends more than $1.1 million every hour of every day on research and development
- Awarded 1,540 U.S. patents in 2016 more than any other brand
- The original Beetle was produced between 1938 and 2003. Longest produced car in history with 65 years
- Most innovative car manufacturer 2015
- “Most Innovative Volume Brand” from the Center of Automotive Management 2017
- Volkswagen Group includes twelve brands; Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, Seat, Škoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN
- VW Golf, Polo, Golf, and Passat has won the title of “European Car of the Year” for the years of 1992, 2010, 2013 and 2015 respectively.
Would you drive a Toyota or Volkswagen?
Of course, there are several differences between these two brands in terms of design, strategy, sustainability policy, distribution, etc. However, we can say that they are quite successful in their own ways and we expect much more firm competition in the future.
If you want to learn more about their awards and success stories together with their long histories, we advise you to read them on their websites and follow this competition more closely!