You do like shopping, right? Do you still prefer to purchase what you need in-store shopping or are you one of the fans of online shopping? Who would be unhappy with brand new clothes, shoes, high technological devices, books, and more? However, which way do you prefer shopping that is thought to make the person happy? Let’s have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the increasing trend -online shopping- and make a decision together which one is better: Online shopping or in-store shopping?
Advantages of Online Shopping
- You can take advantage of customer reviews by reading thousands of them online.
- You can hunt for the cheapest deals without leaving the comfort of home, and consume less energy.
- It is perfect for things that are mass produced and are the same no matter where you purchase them.
- You can find a much larger selection than any in-store shopping options.
- It cuts out a lot of auto traffic which causes air pollution, consumption of the diminishing supply of petroleum, accidents, stress, and frustration.
- It saves time. You can access many websites within a very short duration of time to compare costs, quality, service and other relevant aspects and decide which the best option is.
- There is no specific place for online shopping; so everywhere is your personal shopping mall, if you have an internet connection.
- It is easier to chase and hear about discounted offers and campaigns.
Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- When you shop at the store, you are able to see, check and test the product before you make a purchase.
- Different companies have different sizing techniques and forms, there is just no way to be sure.
- You do not have the possibility of touching and feeling the quality of products. The issue of what you will receive is left to chance.
- You have to wait for the product until the delivery day.
- It is harder to find an authorized person when you have a problem with your product.
- You can feel disappointed after waiting 1-7 days with huge expectations, and not finding what you expected.
- Security is the most effective factor that one can deter him/herself from online shopping.
- Many online retailers do not charge for shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount. Therefore, in order not to pay the shipping fee, you purchase things you do not need and spend more money eventually.
- Returning what you purchased back is sometimes hard for many people and another waste of time.
- You used to have to go out to buy things; now you have to stay home to get them.
- It is putting a lot of small merchants out of business.
Online shopping or in-store shopping
For some, in-store shopping is still the best way to go. However, consumer shopping research estimates that online sales will rise by 9.1% by 2019, compared to 6.1 % sales in 2014. Also, consumers have access to huge online retailers like Alibaba or Amazon. However, putting aside the predictions, we would like to find out your preference and reasons.